Why you need to stop using FTP?
FTP is an old-fashioned way of performing the file transfer operations which is far less secure and efficient than the many more cutting-edge FTP alternatives now in the market. If you are looking for a simple yet secure to use FTP alternative which provides end to encryption take a look at eSecureSend.
Reasons why your business needs a secure FTP alternative:
- Highly insecure
FTP is unencrypted and lacks built-in strong authentication and non-repudiation functionality. These may lead to a situation where the messages can be send and received by unauthorized users.
- No Scalability
FTP does not support high volumes of concurrent file transfers to multiple recipients. With no facility to queue up messages when bandwidth is less, users receive error messages which leads to increase in support calls.
- Loss of data
Network congestion typically causes buffer overflows of immediate routers causing data loss. Since the data messages are sent in a sequence there can be delays in the transfer cycles thereby slowing down the transfer process.
- IT Resource Cost
Every organization have multiple FTP servers for its various operations such as departments, operating systems, locations etc. which involves increase in IT overhead and associated costs. It also hampers governance and compliance by failing to provide centralized visibility and reporting.
- Vulnerable to attacks
FTP can cause following attacks during the transfer of data such as bounce attacks, data leaks, username protection etc.
Why you should go with eSS Managed File Transfer Solution?
eSecureSend MFT solution can address all the issues faced by FTP.
- eSS service facilitates secure file transfer through the Internet by providing a high level of data security.
- Control and monitor the file transfer process in real time.
- Notification once the file transfer is complete via mail.
- Audit trail feature to report all the transfer activities and user access activities.
- Transfers all file with integrity checks and with 32 bit end to end encryption.
- In order to avoid excessive usage of the bandwidth, this feature helps to control the bandwidth usage. Thereby helping users to utilize the allocated bandwidth for the given file transfer.
** We can show a chart or a table (transfer scenario) comparing the speed of transfer using eSS and FTP from one location to the other for illustration purpose.
eSS provides a next-generation file transfer strategy that ensures secure and reliable data exchange with automatic encryption, robust authentication, and other protections while also replacing disparate FTP processes with one centrally managed and governed system. Hence eSS is the best option.
Try eSecureSend Today!
Sign up for demo(Button)